Shirley Manson is set to take over curating duties for the Teenage Cancer Trust 2027 concert series, stepping into the role for next year’s Royal Albert Hall shows after Robert Smith led the 2026 edition.
The charity shared the update on Tuesday 28 April 2026, introducing the Garbage frontwoman as just the second guest curator the event has ever had.
To celebrate the reveal, Teenage Cancer Trust also dropped a video capturing Garbage’s standout performance of Lovesong by The Cure, taken from their set at this year’s shows.
Manson is following a legacy shaped by Roger Daltrey, who created and oversaw the week long fundraising concerts from 2000 through 2025, and Smith, who curated the 2026 line up.
Smith’s run featured performances from Wolf Alice, Elbow, Manic Street Preachers, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai and Garbage, along with a sold out comedy night, helping generate £1.4 million so far in support of young people facing cancer across the UK.
Speaking about the opportunity, Manson said: “To follow in the footsteps of the great Sir Roger Daltrey and most beloved Robert Smith by being invited to curate next year’s run of shows is one of the greatest honours that has ever been bestowed upon me.
"I consider it an immense privilege to continue helping raise funds and awareness for our all too often forgotten teenagers in the UK who are living with cancer and the struggle that this entails.
"I hope to curate a fine week of entertainment, calling upon some of my favourite artists to join the cause.
"I am so looking forward to seeing it all come together at the Royal Albert Hall next year and I hope to see you there.”
Smith also spoke highly of Manson while reflecting on the success of this year’s concerts, saying: “Having played a few Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall shows with The Cure, it was a real honour to curate the series in 2026, bringing together so many of my favourite artists to perform for such a great cause.
"The response and support from the audience, in the hall itself and all around the world, was really incredible.
"Garbage were one of the highlights of a stellar week, and I am very sure Shirley, with her great energy, commitment and values, will do a fantastic job in 2027.”
Daltrey also reacted to the announcement, saying: “To have a female musician with a great reputation for quality work is something that's been at the top of my wishlist going forward.
"I will always be there for her if she needs any help with anything.”
The 2027 Teenage Cancer Trust concerts are scheduled to take place from March 15 through 21 at the Royal Albert Hall, with the full line up expected to be announced soon.
Not for the first time, Moby is speaking out against Donald Trump’s administration with clear frustration.
“The U.S. is collapsing under a deeply corrupt and shockingly ineffective administration,” the longtime electronic musician shared on social media. “These are unbelievably dark times.”
Moby went deeper into his thoughts through a video message, where he explained that people outside the United States keep asking Americans what is actually happening in the country.
“So many of my friends outside the United States keep asking me, ‘what the hell is happening over there?’ And honestly, we don’t even know,” he said. “The country is being controlled by one of the most corrupt, dangerous and incompetent administrations imaginable. Nobody fully understands what’s happening right now. These are very dark times in America.”
Moby joins a growing list of artists publicly criticizing Trump and MAGA politics, including Bruce Springsteen, Jack White, Eminem and Billie Eilish.
Earlier this year, Moby uploaded another statement to social media where he addressed how people should respond following the killing of Alex Pretti by ICE agents in Minneapolis. “The real question isn’t whether people should feel horrified or outraged by what’s happening in the United States,” Moby explained in the Jan. 26 clip. “The question is what are we actually going to do about it?”
The musician and activist also encouraged people to protest, saying demonstrations are a constitutional right and something he believes Trump’s administration is attempting to weaken.
In the end, he urged people to vote regularly, “not only during the upcoming midterms, even though those matter, but also in every special election throughout the year.” He also encouraged supporters to “stop giving money to the scumbag corporations backing Trump and ICE. We all know who they are. Boycott them.”
His newest remarks arrive as the U.S. Justice Department unveils a nearly $1.8 billion compensation fund for Trump allies who claim they were unfairly investigated. At the same time, the Strait of Hormuz remains shut down following military action launched by the U.S. and Israel against Iran in late February without approval from Congress, leading to rising gas prices across the globe.
Throughout his independent music career, Moby has earned 10 entries on the Billboard 200 along with two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 and an enormous catalog of sync placements. Overseas, particularly in the United Kingdom, he is viewed as one of the defining artists of his era. He scored two No. 1 albums there with Play from 1999 and 18 from 2002, alongside 18 top 40 singles and two nominations for Best International Male at the BRIT Awards.
Check out Moby’s newest social media post below.