Akbar V is setting the record straight on Nicki Minaj's "Big Foot" and Megan Thee Stallion. In the hip-hop world, drama is often around the corner. Furthermore, it's waiting to bubble over at the slightest provocation. This is the case with Akbar V, whose recent remarks about Nicki Minaj's "Big Foot" diss track. Her comments have sparked controversy and speculation about her relationship with Megan Thee Stallion. In a statement addressing the situation, Akbar V made it clear that her support for "Big Foot" does not equate to animosity towards Megan Thee Stallion. Denying any personal issues with the Houston rapper, Akbar emphasized that her involvement in hyping up "Big Foot" was simply a matter of entertaining her audience and responding to fan requests.
Furthermore, the issue of matter lies in Akbar V's recent remarks recorded at a club appearance, where she exclaimed, "This big foot b--ch trynna come for the f--kin queen of rap." While the statement may have raised eyebrows, Akbar V insists that it was all in the spirit of rap entertainment. Moreover, she calls it a playful jab rather than a declaration of war. However, Megan Thee Stallion's hairstylist and friend took a shot and commented under the post trying to defend Megan. ""Akbar feet def doing sign language … relax girl," he stated. Akbar V sought to clarify any misconceptions. Moreover, she stated in response to the friend and social media, "You making this something bigger than what it really is. I don't have no problem with Meg. This is rap entertainment, that's her and Nicki beef, but the song hard and it was requested. I was at my paid hosting. It was funny. If you know me, I talk smack 'bout myself and all, baby. I'm hood. We joan all day."
Furthermore, social media wasn't too impressed with Akbar trying to defend herself. "To hate a woman that doesn’t know you is a different kind of weak," one person commented. "As an upcoming 'artist' if I’m in the club with a mic the last thing I would be doing is yelling somebody else’s lyrics to the top of my lungs," one person commented. "I’d be tryna push my own music but maybe that’s just me." "Here she goes…throwing rocks and hiding her hand! Smh," another person said.
Ultimately, whether it's hyping up a diss track or setting the record straight, Akbar V claims it was all in the name of entertainment. And while controversies may come and go, one thing remains clear. In the world of rap, anything can happen, and the drama never truly sleeps. Let us know what you think on HNHH!
Not for the first time, Moby is speaking out against Donald Trump’s administration with clear frustration.
“The U.S. is collapsing under a deeply corrupt and shockingly ineffective administration,” the longtime electronic musician shared on social media. “These are unbelievably dark times.”
Moby went deeper into his thoughts through a video message, where he explained that people outside the United States keep asking Americans what is actually happening in the country.
“So many of my friends outside the United States keep asking me, ‘what the hell is happening over there?’ And honestly, we don’t even know,” he said. “The country is being controlled by one of the most corrupt, dangerous and incompetent administrations imaginable. Nobody fully understands what’s happening right now. These are very dark times in America.”
Moby joins a growing list of artists publicly criticizing Trump and MAGA politics, including Bruce Springsteen, Jack White, Eminem and Billie Eilish.
Earlier this year, Moby uploaded another statement to social media where he addressed how people should respond following the killing of Alex Pretti by ICE agents in Minneapolis. “The real question isn’t whether people should feel horrified or outraged by what’s happening in the United States,” Moby explained in the Jan. 26 clip. “The question is what are we actually going to do about it?”
The musician and activist also encouraged people to protest, saying demonstrations are a constitutional right and something he believes Trump’s administration is attempting to weaken.
In the end, he urged people to vote regularly, “not only during the upcoming midterms, even though those matter, but also in every special election throughout the year.” He also encouraged supporters to “stop giving money to the scumbag corporations backing Trump and ICE. We all know who they are. Boycott them.”
His newest remarks arrive as the U.S. Justice Department unveils a nearly $1.8 billion compensation fund for Trump allies who claim they were unfairly investigated. At the same time, the Strait of Hormuz remains shut down following military action launched by the U.S. and Israel against Iran in late February without approval from Congress, leading to rising gas prices across the globe.
Throughout his independent music career, Moby has earned 10 entries on the Billboard 200 along with two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 and an enormous catalog of sync placements. Overseas, particularly in the United Kingdom, he is viewed as one of the defining artists of his era. He scored two No. 1 albums there with Play from 1999 and 18 from 2002, alongside 18 top 40 singles and two nominations for Best International Male at the BRIT Awards.
Check out Moby’s newest social media post below.