Kiss have canceled Thursday night's concert after singer Paul Stanley tested positive for Covid-19.
Kevin Mazur/GettyImagesKiss have canceled a concert scheduled for Thursday night in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania, after singer Paul Stanley tested positive for Covid-19.
“Tonight’s #KISS show at The Pavilion at Star Lake in Burgettstown, PA is unfortunately postponed due to Paul Stanley testing positive for COVID. More information about show dates will be made available ASAP,” the band wrote on Instagram, pointing out that the band and crew are all vaccinated.
“Everyone on the entire tour, both band and crew, are fully vaccinated,” the group’s statement continued. “The band and their crew have operated in a bubble independently to safeguard everyone as much as possible at each show and in between shows. The tour also has a COVID safety protocol officer on staff full-time that is ensuring everyone is closely following all CDC guidelines.”
Stanley himself took to Twitter to dispel rumors that he was in the hospital after suffering a heart attack. “PEOPLE!!! I am fine! I am not in ICU! My heart allows me to do 26 miles a day on my bike!” he tweeted. “I don’t know where this came from but it’s absolute nonsense.”
Kiss are just four shows into their End of the Road Tour, which resumed last week in Bangor, Maine. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame members have concerts scheduled this weekend for Raleigh, North Carolina, and Atlanta — there is no word on the status of those shows.
Stanley’s bandmate Gene Simmons encouraged fans to get vaccinated in an interview with Rolling Stone last week. “I would highly recommend for everybody to get two Pfizer or Moderna shots, please — for the rest of us. Even if you believe the Earth is flat, it’s not,” Simmons said, detailing Kiss’s Covid protocols for the tour. “The entire road crew must be vaccinated twice. Nobody gets backstage or onstage without wearing masks, and everybody stays at a safe distance and you’ve got to wash your hands and do everything else the CDC says. Don’t listen to politicians. They’re not qualified. Listen to scientists.”
Kiss will return to Las Vegas in December for a new residency at Planet Hollywood on the Strip.
The world leader, who has repeatedly faced criticism for featuring songs from artists who do not want their music connected to his political views, shared a viral clip of We Can’t Be Friends (Wait For Your Love) that focused on the lyric: “Me and my truth we sit in silence.”
The footage shows Trump at a rally while the statement “Men can’t have babies and should never compete in women’s sports” appears on screen.
The Team Trump TikTok account posted the video with the caption: “This shouldn’t be controversial! #trump #arianagrande #maga.”
Ariana responded in a comment that was later removed, saying: “Never use my music again. Also, your truth is false.”
Trump has a well known record of opposing transgender rights, and the US Supreme Court recently ruled that states can prohibit transgender women from taking part in women’s sports. In a 6 to 3 ruling, the justices determined that such laws do not breach Title IX or the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.
The decision in June came after several other actions by the Trump administration involving transgender policies. Earlier in May, the Supreme Court also permitted the administration to continue with its “Prioritizing Military Excellence and Readiness” order, which would prevent transgender individuals from serving in the US military.
Ariana’s statement arrived soon after Taylor Swift also took steps to stop Trump from using her music on TikTok. Trump had featured a number of her songs in his social media posts, including a video of him and his wife Lady Melania Trump watching fireworks accompanied by August.
The song was later taken off the post and replaced by a notice that read: “This sound isn’t available.”
Trump appeared to deliberately select Taylor’s track, adding the message: “I’m sure @Taylor Swift is going to be super excited we used her song!”
He also responded to the Team Trump video with: “Mood because it’s August and Donald Trump is your president.”
Other Taylor Swift songs that were removed from Trump’s TikTok content included The Fate of Ophelia and Father Figure.
Trump previously made headlines when he wrote “I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!” on Truth Social after the singer publicly announced that she planned to support Kamala Harris in the previous presidential election.